4.8.09

Oui Oui!

Reading Bryanboy blog this morning I have found out about this website PetaKillsAnimals...
While loudly complaining about the "unethical" treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other people in the world, the group has its own dirty little secret. PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals ) are not so innocent as they make it look like.

"PETA’s “Animal Record” report for 2008, filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, shows that the animal rights group killed 95 percent of the dogs and cats in its care last year. During all of 2008, PETA found adoptive homes for just seven pets. Just seven animals, out of the 2,216 it took in."




"Why would an animal rights group secretly kill animals at its headquarters? From a cost-saving standpoint, PETA’s hypocrisy isn’t difficult to understand: Killing adoptable cats and dogs – and storing the bodies in a walk-in freezer until they can be cremated – requires far less money and effort than caring for the pets until they are adopted."


I am guilty of liking fur very much! I have always felt a bit sinful inside me about wearing it, nonetheless every winter I pull a new fur out of my grandmom's closet and show it off. However, while I have always been afraid of PETA supporters and their red paint, I have always admired them for believing so strongly in their ideals (even though their way of protesting has always been too aggressive for my taste, at the end of the day we live in a free world and as they are free to protest against something they should respect the fact that I am free to wear fur as much as I like it..)... now I am disappointed by their hypocrisy and I say Oui Oui! to fur.





1 comment:

Steph said...

Couldn't have said it better myself ;) xx

Steph
http://bonjourblondie.blogspot.com/