30.8.09

Golden Inspiration


Although Bea Arthur has passed away, she continues to inspire Alexander Wang.

Alexander Wang to W Magazine:
"....the bags are named after TV show characters. We have the Brenda and Kelly [90210], the Dorothy shopper [The Golden Girls] and the Trudy [Miami Vice]. They’re all the shows that used to be on TV when I was growing up.

Dorothy Shopper by Alexander Wang
[As I recently posted, suede is taking a all new perspective in my fall/winter wardrobe, this Alexander Wang Grey Suede shopper is so effortlessly chic and clean that I hope it will soon be part of it. ]


When prompted about his television habits, Andre Leon Talley, admitted :"I only watch MSNBC for the news. Keith, Rachel and Chris. And reruns of The Golden Girls. It’s my favorite show. They have a sense of being at home, always wearing different robes and nightgowns. For me it’s one of the greatest shows ever. Helmut Lang loves The Golden Girls too".

Andre Leon Talley, Helmut Lang and Alexander Wang love "The Golden Girls"... my friend Karin always told me that certain sweaters I own are so Golden-Girlesque ... All it is left to do is to wipe the dust off and start watching this inspirational tv-show.

No comments: